Activities at The Ashram
1. Daily Pooja to Sri Lakshmi Hayagriva.
There will be daily, periodic and special poojas offered to the Deity at the Ashram as per the Parakala Mutt tradition. All are welcome to come in during the Ashram’s Open hours for Lord’s Darshan and also for prayer and meditation in the Prayer Hall. Special poojas and functions when we expect a large group of devotees to attend will be held in larger public venues.
2. Sancharams/Tours in the Charlotte area and all across the US.
During these occasions, devotees can invite the Lord into their house and perform special functions to Lord Lakshmi Hayagriva.
3. Weekend activities: (To start in a few months and to be expanded in later months)
Recitations and Teaching of Veda, Tamil Divya prabandhams and Sanskrit stotras (ex. Vishnu Sahasranamam)) to all age groups (and especially to children), Leading small group discussions and arranging for discourses on philosophical subjects, Setting up a library and reading room for philosophical literature, etc.
4. Providing priest services for special poojas, and religious functions at devotee houses.
These are services are to be booked in advance through the Ashram. We are offering only a limited set of these services at this time and will progressively add more services in the coming months.
Currently Available Services and Expected Donations to the Ashram for these services*
|Pooja/Service||At Ashram||At Devotee’s Home|
|Karpoora Harati||Yatha Shkti **|
|Ashtottara Archanam||Yatha Shakti **|
|Tirumanjanam as per Ashram Calendar||Yatha shakti **|
|Tirumanjanam on other days on special request||$201||$301 (in Charlotte Metropolitan Area)
$500 (Outside Charlotte Metropolitan Area)
|Dolotsavam||$151 (in Charlotte Metropolitan area )
$250 (Outside Charlotte Metropolitan Area)
|Aksharabhyasm, Namakaranam, Anna Prasanam||$51||$101|
** Archanam, Harati: Performed on request at all times;* Yatha Shakti: i.e., No set charge, contribute on “whatever you wish, whatever you can ” basis.
Tirumanjanams at the Ashram on sravanams and other days as required by the Mutt tradition: Any one and every one can sponsor; No set charge for this; contribute on Yatha Shakti basis.
* For services requiring payment, contact Sri Ranganath for booking the service at least one day in advance. Please make the check payable to PLM, USA. Alternately, you may pay online securely through Paypal using your credit card by going to http://www.parakalamatham.org/Contribute/Payment-by-Credit-Card-PLM and receive the receipt by e-mail from Paypal. Please hand over the check or the Paypal receipt to the Priest at the function.
In both the above cases, if you wish to offer any personal sambhavana (honorarium) to the Priest in appreciation of his services, please feel free to do so.